Noteflight Music Notation Software
Tom Rudolph, Clinician
Noteflight is a "web app" and runs in a web browser.
In addition to the free version of Noteflight, which allows you to
create and share up to 10 scores, there are paid versions as
You need a free or paid Noteflight account in order to use the
application. Go to: http://www.noteflight.com/login and sign up for a
free account if you have not already.
Noteflight user guide: http://www.noteflight.com/guide
Aura Lee example for practice:
Tom Rudolph's Noteflight demo videos
using a Mac or PC computer that has flash:
Tom Rudolph's Noteflight demo videos for iPad and Mac web Browsers not running
Noteflight PART 2 (February, 2016 session)
1: How to create a pick-up bar
- Select the first bar of the score.
- Choose Staff > Change
- Enter the duration that represents the total beats of the pick-up
- Check "pick-up"
- Click OK.
Question 1: Is there a way to make
individual lines of music? For example, if I make my own scale chart,
each line can be a different key and scale.
- Enter the notation for the first exercise/scale
- Copying bars by selecting them and pressing the letter R
- Transpose by Interval: Edit
- Change the Key: Staff
> Change Key Signature
- Remove the cautionary key signatures: Score > Show/Hide Cautionaries
- Adjust the page layout by adding and/or removing system breaks.
Question: Getting to know more
in-depth notation tricks and tips
Search Noteflight Public Scores (copy
them for your own use)
Choose Browse >
Practice file: Amazing Grace: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxONit4lUER8a2J6RDE0MVdIZ1U/view?usp=sharing